Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Upcycling

I'll admit my motives for up cycling are mostly selfish. We take our own trash to the dump and recycling is a pain (we don't have single stream recycling) to the more trash I can keep out of the can the less often we have to go to the dump.

With the dogs we go through dog food like there is no tomorrow. I also hate the idea of adding more plastic bags to the landfill than I have to. As a result I turn the dog food bags into grocery totes. They are reusable and (best of all) they don't rip when wet! I use Rebecca Nickols tutorial found here.

I like to save them up and then do a bunch of them at a time ... usually when the bags begin to take over my craft room. Here is the haul for today!




They are also available for sale at my Etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment