Friday, February 12, 2016

Quilting from the Heart

I've always been of the strong opinion that making a quilt is a labor of love. With the amount of time and energy that goes into a quilt it is hard to not become attached. This particular quilt holds a special place in my book of quilts.

This quilt was made on commission as a gift for a breast cancer survivor. She and her family had participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer walks in West Columbia for a number of years and wanted a T-shirt quilt made of their event shirts to giver her as a Christmas gift.


The shape and sizes of the design varied so I needed to get inventive in some instances to make the quilt look natural and consistent. Not one to create a quilt with a boring back I wanted to add a little LB Design flavor to the quilt. The pink ribbon felt the most fitting and as a personal touch I embroidered the survivors name within the ribbon.


I hope this quilt wraps its new owners in love and keeps them in good health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment