Monday, October 6, 2014

Ghosts and goblins

I'll admit it, I'm a huge Christmas nut. I often joke that I craft because it gives me an excuse to start Christmas in July. I often get so focused on Christmas I don't give Halloween, thanksgiving, or even my birthday the deference they deserve. This year I say no more!

This year to force myself to give Halloween the fist bump it deserves I have decided to make a Halloween quilt (I mean how else will I keep warm while watching the 13 nights of Halloween?). I grabbed a pattern off of Pinterest (linked below) that is super easy and headed off to Joann's to get fabric (more to follow on that fiasco later).

This pattern is very simple and can easily be knocked out in a weekend. I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good one to start with. The top is almost completely pieced so I'm working on determining what to do with the back. I've designed a jack-o-lantern pattern that will help me (1) get rid of some scraps (the bins that hold my stash are already about to burst) and (2) not be one of those boring people that makes a plain quilt back. Can't wait to show you all what it looks like!



Quilt tutorial link: http://thelittlefabricshop.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-chevron-quilt-tutorial.html?m=1 






No comments:

Post a Comment