Friday, December 6, 2013

Gifts from the heart

We are coming up on christmas which means it is time to start crafting for loved ones. This year, since my parents are going on a cruise and not inviting me, momma is getting homemade napkins and placemats that will coordinate with her kitchen. I am following a sew along on sewmamasew.com http://www.sewmamasew.com/category/sew-alongs/colorblockplacemats/

Being the bargain shopper I am I took myself to Joanns to revel in their midnight madness sale. I got these adorable fabrics for a steal!


Step one was washing, drying, and ironing the fabric before cutting the pieces. I prefer to cut everything that will be pieced ahead of time so I can spend the rest of my time sewing. Personally I love to pop on a movie (or watch an entire season of desperate housewives on netflix) when I sew so I don't want to take a break to cut more pieces.


I did make a mistake when cutting my fabric though and now have to go back to get more to make one of the blocks. Measure twice cut once right? Well maybe next time I'll remember.


I decided to knock out the napkins first. Hopefully I can have that done this week. then we'll be taking out the placemats.


Keep an eye out and watch as these pieces come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment